Technical Marketing Manager Job Description June 2019
Marketing Manager is a senior position within the company that covers the following areas of responsibility.
Generate significant sales growth within designated international sales regions. Activities to include (but not limited to):
- Support and train a comprehensive network of distributors and/or representatives to cover all significant markets within your territory.
- Motivate the distributors to actively promote and sell our products within their regions and ensure we are getting share of mind from their sales staff.
- Visit the distributors regularly to ensure they are aware of our latest technical developments and pricing policies.
- Monitor the performance of the distributors against agreed sales targets. If necessary replace distributors that are consistently under performing.
- In conjunction with the distributors, make regular customer visits within your area. These should be used to promote our products and also to provide feedback that can be used to improve our product range or suggest new products for development.
- In conjunction with the distributors attend exhibitions and seminars in your region.
- Provide a commercial and technical interface between Silvertel and the customers and distributors. This may include correspondence by phone, email, social media or any other suitable method. Ensure inquiries are answered within 24hrs.
- Identify new areas for commercial development. These may be new product ranges, geographical markets or market segments.
- In conjunction with the rest of the Marketing dept., set annual sales targets for your region and ensure these are met.
- In conjunction with the rest of the Marketing dept., set product pricing and profit margins.
- Raise the profile of Silvertel in our world-wide markets. E.g. Update web-site. Write press releases and adverts for magazines. Write brochures and presentations. Organizing attendance at seminars and exhibitions. Promote Silvertel on social media etc.
- Generate new sales leads and new business.
- Find sales leads from magazines, trade shows or the internet. Follow these up personally or pass to other marketing staff. Ensure new and potential customers are contacted regularly and given professional support. Analyse reasons for losing customers and try to correct these.
- Cover for other Marketing Managers in their absence.
- Develop sales and marketing material to support the distributors and enhance the status of Silvertel. This may include datasheets, brochures, exhibition displays, sample packaging, promotional articles, technical articles etc.
- Ensure good communication between marketing and logistics so that the production department is aware of the product demand in your region and that products and samples are shipped to the CRD.
Appropriate qualification or experience in electronics. Such as degree / HND / HNC.
Proven track record in marketing or account management, ideally to a high technology international client base.
Willing to travel worldwide.
Experience of making presentations to customers and/or distributors.
Good written and verbal communication skills.